Over the 10 years working within the youth sector we have spotted trends of hatred towards particular groups which have develop in the classroom and within the community. We have found that hate speech, racism, discrimination and Islamophobia against youth have reinforced very strong beliefs in youth which may lead to radicalisation with the influence of certain extremist or religious groups.
Within some areas of our work we have spotted an increasing number of youth becoming more sensitive to ideological discourse and a sense of social purpose from particular groups.
We feel it is imperative to advise teachers and professional educators within the youth sector to be trained in safeguarding against radicalisation,
Teachers Inset Training (3 hours and Day Programs)
- Spotting Radicalisation in the Classroom
- Understanding the Radicalisation process through Social Media
- Terminology, Propaganda Claims and Cultural Awareness
- Actions to take in Safeguarding pupils
For young people
Classroom Workshops (50 minutes)
- The Dangers of the Internet
- Equal Opportunities and Discrimination
- Understanding Stop and Search